This is a 4 week session. The tuition fee covers participation of BOTH partners.
Studies show that combining childbirth education with mindfulness practices can greatly reduce fear, and lead to more peaceful, empowered and respectful labors, while potentially reducing risks of postpartum depression. Our Childbirth Education Classes are committed to doing just that.
Through information, education, practice, and support, participants become empowered and gain a stronger sense of control during the labor process. Understanding the abilities of the body during labor and how to work with contractions rather than against them greatly reduces fear & significantly increases confidence in and connection to this amazing experience of birthing your newborn. This class focuses on the power of natural birth as well as labor options and when interventions may be necessary.
Class will include:
· Signs and stages of labor
· Understanding the birth process - knowledge is power
· Practice of non-medical comfort techniques
· Labor options
· Reasons for medical interventions
· Advantages of Natural Childbirth
· Finding your voice - birth plans
· Looking at feelings, fears, confidence and empowerment!
· The role of the labor partner
· Benefits of strong support
· Becoming a family, the first hours after delivery
· Postpartum plan, baby care and breastfeeding basics