MINDFUL CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION CLASS
4 weeks series
This is an IN PERSON class
Oak Park Community Center
1000 Kanan Rd., OP 91377
$200 for the whole series
No family will be turned away due to financial hardship
Studies show that combining childbirth education with mindfulness practices can greatly reduce fear, and lead to more peaceful, empowered and respectful labors, while potentially reducing risks of postpartum depression. Our Mindful Childbirth Education Classes are committed to doing just that.
Through information, mindfulness practice, and support, participants become empowered and gain a stronger sense of control during the labor process. Understanding the abilities of the body during labor and how to work with contractions rather than against them greatly reduces fear & significantly increases confidence in and connection to this amazing experience of birthing your newborn. This class focuses on the power of natural birth as well as labor options and when interventions may be necessary.
Class will include:
· Signs and stages of labor
· Understanding the birth process - knowledge is power
· Practice of non-medical comfort techniques
· Labor options
· Reasons for medical interventions
· Advantages of Natural Childbirth
· Finding your voice - birth plans
· Looking at feelings, fears, confidence and empowerment!
· The role of the labor partner
· Benefits of strong support
· Benefits of mindfulness practice
· Becoming a family, the first hours after delivery
Instructor, Brenda Hunter, MS, has been a Childbirth Educator and Labor Assistant for 30 years. She has provided labor assistance in over 230 labors, over 150 of them being natural deliveries. She is also a certified Mindfulness Meditation Teacher (MMTCP).
Brenda continues to advocate for informed pregnancies, peaceful labors, successful breastfeeding and nurturing newborn parenting as a way to help heal the human heart.
Please contact Brenda Hunter at 818-599-8420 if you have further questions.